Saint Catherine Labouré Parish is very committed to insuring that all of our associates and volunteers who provide care, supervision, guidance or control and have routine interaction with children receive the proper training and clearances according to Diocesan Policy.
Act 153 of 2014 was passed by the Pennsylvania Legislature on October 22, 2014. It went into effect on December 31, 2014. This new law includes employees/volunteers who are “responsible for the welfare of a child or have direct contact with children.
The following instructions are for all employees/volunteers of Saint Catherine Labouré to help you obtain the required background clearances, prior to involvement with youth. Please note that ALL forms must be reviewed and approved by the Harrisburg Diocese prior to an individual being granted a valid Youth Protection Badge. All necessary forms and instructions can be found on the Harrisburg Diocese website under Youth Protection Requirements.
- Sign in to the Harrisburg Diocese website using the address or link provided above.
- You will be directed to the Youth Protection Page on the Diocesan Website.
- You will see a listing of those positions that will need clearances.
- Select the category or position that most fits your need, be sure to read all options.
- You will see a list of items that are required for the category/position you chose. You can click on each one to see more detailed information.
- Each requirement needed has a link for both the instructions as well as the link to complete the actual forms. It is beneficial to read or print the instructions prior to connecting to the agency’s website.
- Once you have completed all the requirements and have printed all of the proper documents, you may drop the completed packet to the Parish Office or scan all documentation to Desa Jurosky at email@example.com
- All documentation will be reviewed for accuracy and compliance to the Diocesan policies.
- All documents will be forwarded to the Diocese for review and final approval.
NOTE: Please make copies of all clearances for your own files prior to submitting to the Parish Office.
If you need any assistance regarding the Youth Protection Program please contact the Desa Jurosky, our Youth Protection Officer in the Parish office at 717-564-1321 x136 or firstname.lastname@example.org